The climatic health resort Plau am See
A charming town in the Mecklenburg Lake District
Welcome to the climatic health resort of Plau am See
Plau am See is a small town with about 6000 inhabitants, which is located in the Mecklenburg Lake District. As long ago as 1235, Plau am See,
at that time still called “Plawe” (raftsman’s place), was granted city rights. Being Germany’s seventh largest lake, the Plauer See with its size of 38.4 km² is right on the doorstep and the Müritz-Elde waterway meanders right through the small town.
All around, numerous cafes, restaurants and shops invite you to linger and stroll. Half-timbered and brick houses characterise the old town and create
a delightful holiday atmosphere. The city’s landmark is undoubtedly the blue lift bridge in the city centre.
Plau am See – this is also the city of the three towers: castle tower, church tower and lighthouse – all three are accessible and offer a fantastic
view of the town, the landscape and the lake.
Sights & leisure activities in Plau am See
- “Guest House” with tourist information and library
- Technological museum & castle tower with rampart in the castle courtyard
- The observation tower – with a panoramic view of the Plauer See
- Historic Plauer lift bridge
- Municipal church St. Marien
- Plauer town hall
- Plauer Hühnerleiter (chicken ladder bridge)
- farmer’s town house
- Boat tour on the Plauer See
- Plauer light rail
- Beekeeping demonstration
- Canoe tours & Plauer See circular cycle path
- Climbing park & barefoot adventure trail
- … and much more
Enjoy your time in the climatic health resort of Plau am See.